Carl J Koepke
Recent Software Projects
- Created cloud based and scalable interactive Japanese learning game sumocard.io.
- Designed and wrote backend systems for the creative charity space Words for Charity which allows authors to publish their works to promote charitable causes.
- Helped design, create and update the Replacement Parts Pros System.
Professional and Technical Skills
- Designing code and documentation that prioritizes human readability.
- Expertise with Continuous Integration Agile Development cycles.
- Source Control Management using git.
- Operational proficiency with the LAMP & LNMP stack running on Docker or only Linux.
- Creating robust, secure, web scale software applications using PHP, Go, MYSQL and Nginx.
- Skilled in common cloud based technologies on the Amazon and Google Cloud platforms.
- Communicating new and emerging technologies to relevant stakeholders.
|Ready Set Sales, LLC
||Lead Operations Engineer
||2011 - Present
- Migrated complete software platform from hosting center to Amazon Web Services.
- Develop and implement procedures using git and docker to streamline server scaling and deployment.
- Monitor, maintain and enhance production services on AWS infrastructure.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to identify goals and design software changes to implement them.
- Perform weekly security audits using OpenVAS to identify and patch security vulnerabilities.
- Design and implement patches to mitigate application security vulnerabilities.
|The Ready Set Companies
||2007 - 2011
- Designed and created Product Content Validation System which managed inventory and provided an REST API for disclosing product information to customers and vendors.
- Oversaw developer operations and production platform migration from self hosted facility to hosting center.
- Arbitrated expectations of stakeholders and set and reviewed project deadlines.
- Created PCI compliant code review process.
- Designed and implemented package to manage product information and digital assets.
|Ready Set Service, LLC
||Techincal Project Manager
||2004 - 2007
- Developed Replacement Parts Management tool used by all employees.
- Created and updated corporate intranet system.
- Created a custom e-mail indexing system which provided access to thousands of e-mails archived for legal and operational reasons.
- Leveraged technology to help grow company to $40 million in revenue and over 1000 employees.
|The Rubicon Group, Ltd
||Programmer / Analyst
||2002 - 2004
- Transformed Green Screen COBOL Inventory Management System to a web based application using PERL, PHP and COBOL.
- Integrated Vertex Tax Software with Inventory Management System.
- Helped design Linux Kernel module to allow older legacy software to run on modern systems.
|Lewis University, Romeoville, IL
||B.S. Computer Science
- Presented Original Research Findings on Modern Web Programming Practices using PERL.
- Conducted mentored research on 6502 emulation.
- Conducted mentored research on gaming theory.